Saturday 7 April 2012

Well, after watching my friend do a riding lesson, and painting two paintings of horses, I really feel like I want to go to a horse show and just click away on my camera. I painted the to horse paintings in acrylic. One is of a horse rearing, and another is a portrait of my favorite pony, at the Ranch I work at, Gizmo. The one of Gizmo still needs work though , and I understand that. I'll need to figure out a way for his eye not to stand out as much, and to make his mane look a lot better.

Here are the two paintings:

I am planning on painting a bit more now that I got a portable art easel for my birthday. It's finding the time after school work and cleaning the house/my room that I have problems with. 

This is my version of a horse rearing. I wanted to highlight the strong muscles and bones and the graceful waves of the mane. 

This is the Portrait of the Pony Gizmo. Still work on his muzzle as i screwed it up, and also around his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment