Friday 6 April 2012

Well, this is my first time blogging, so please bare with me. I don't really know what to talk about, as i really don't know what blogging is about. But it's worth a shot, right?

Well for a while now I've been meaning to get a website or blog going that I can upload my photos that I've taken and post them somewhere; and not just Facebook, even though Facebook is amazing. So here is just an overview of what I've been working on lately:

- I've been taking 'Nice' photos now for about half a year and I love the outcomes of all the photo shoots that I take with my friends. I take about 99% percent of the photos, where the 1% is when my friends take a photo or two of me. I'd rather by the photographer than the subject, as I am not good at modeling, but I'll just smile or try something stupid, like balancing on some ledge, or post and almost kill myself. When I do a session of photographing, I'll usually go to the park, or some green and tree filled location; somewhere where we can have FUN. I think that's the key in taking photos. There has to be some kind of emotion, just not boredom. It could be happiness, Sadness, but never shoot the subject look bored in photos. it just ruins the whole picture. So when I take photos I always make sure that we are having fun, and that my friends are smiling and laughing and having a great time.

One thing that all my friends will say about me for the perfect setting of my photos is she (me) always says, "If there's sunlight or shadows, its a perfect setting." That's the kind of motto I live by when taking photos. ( a slight breeze also helps.)

When I'm taking photos of my horse + human friends I always keep my finger ready on the button to get that moment where they are connecting; whether its a small smile because that's their first jump in over a year, or a frown because they were just bucked off, but that's THEIR moment and I love capturing them.

Well I actually got to go now to go take a photoshoot right now with one of my friends... I'll post more tomorrow !


No comments:

Post a Comment